Tuesday 13 February 2024

18mm Danish Livregiment Kyrasserer




 



Here I have used my favourite cavalry sculpts for the SYW – the Eureka figures designed by Mike Broadbent. They are big figures and are not compatible with other so-called 18mm cavalry ranges but I think they are perfectly in proportion with infantry. Cavalry horses from, say, Blue Moon, are ponies by comparison.

I have used Austrian cuirassiers which are close enough for Danish cuirassiers. All I have done is snip off the Imperial oat leaves that adorned their tricornes. They wear the cuirasse front-plate in black, light blue facings with leather coloured straps and gauntlets.

Four squadrons totalling four hundred men. A fine and elite regiment mounted on Holsteiner heavy horses which were in much demand throughout Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment