Saturday 30 December 2023

28mm AWI: 1st New York



 

Whilst continuing with my SYW Hessians I realised that by doing so I had available a full division of 8 battalions (500 men each) to serve in the AWI. The only issue is the flags and either I can live with the SYW ones or I could do a separate flag base just for the AWI.

So then I looked at the American rebels. I have decided to start with a New York brigade of 6 battalions. These are fun to do because each battalion has a different uniform plus economical as I can use the cheap and excellent Perry box.

Hessian infantry in the AWI formed up in 3 ranks while the Continentals used 2 ranks, as did the British. So you can see the far thinner American line of regulars. This NY battaion is 400 men strong, each figure representing 25 men. Militia, when I come to do them, will be in a far less dense line.

So this is a small detour on the road of my Hessians for the SYW.

PS Just to note that I have had over one million hits on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment