Sunday 26 June 2022

10mm Old Glory SYW Prussian IR1




These figures are from Old Glory's 10mm SYW range and they are painted as an experiment. I wanted to see what they looked like en masse. So here you can see 75 figures per battalion and in their correct three ranks. Furthermore they have the correct number of flags per battalion – five. The infantry come in strips of five but the command needs to be cut up into smaller chunks to get the 5 standard bearers together.


Painting them is no pleasure at all because there is almost no detailing possible – just facings, turnbacks and other basics. But I am impressed with their look. I have ordered some cavalry from Pendraken just to see whether I can mass the cavalry in very close ranks as well. I doubt that this is a new project but anything is possible.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment