Sunday 8 September 2024

28mm FPW 1870: 3e Regiment de Tirailleurs Algerians



 

I bought a box of Perry plastic ACW Zouaves because they have not got round to doing these in metal and I hoped I could use them to field a Turcos regiment in my army. So here is the first battalion and I have the figures to do the third as well. When, and if, the Perrys get round to metals then I could do the 2nd battalion with them.

These figures work fine except for the backpack and I'm not such a purist to condemn them for light equipment – maybe they dropped their kit off at a nearby railway station.

Anyway here is my painting guide: “The three regiments of Tiraillieurs Algeriens wore a uniform of identical cut to that of the Zouaves, but differed in colour. The jacket and vest were sky blue with yellow distinctions. The waist sash was garance. The trousers were plain white linen in the summer and sky blue with yellow stripes in autumn and winter. The different regiments were identified by the colour of the false pocket or Tombo. Colours were 1st - garrance, 2nd - white, 3rd - yellow.


The officers wore the Zouave officers uniform with a sky blue coat, garance sash and trousers. The Kepi was garance with a sky blue band and gold edging. Buttons were gilt.





No comments:

Post a Comment