Sunday 17 November 2019

40mm SYW Austrians: One squadron of Baranyai Hussars








It was the beautiful illustration (at the bottom of this blog's pictures) that made this a 'have to have' unit in my 40mm army. Actually I plan 3 squadrons (each of 4 figures) but the colour scheme is a little complicated and a task to paint. That is one of the reasons why I like the Austrians of the WAS/SYW – they have glorious colour combinations that other armies do not use. Like, in this unit, grass green with pale blue. I think they will mash the Fleischhackers and readers of this blog will perhaps recall that my Prussian hussar squadrons are 3 figures strong, so significantly weaker numerically. I will also discuss at some time the different theories relating to hussar combat and the different uses that the Austrians and Prussians put their hussars to.

No comments:

Post a Comment