Sunday 24 December 2017

40mm WAS/SYW Austrian Serbelloni Cuirassiers (2)






Recently (22 November 2017) I posted three squadrons of this regiment and I said then “The only other thing I don't like is that the horses are very thin in the rump area (that is the horse's engine!) but I can live with that.

I have finished the regiment of six squadrons but I have changed the horses. Chris at S&S let me buy horses without riders so I have chucked out the Irregular horses (if anybody wants to buy 18 horses I have them available). Furthermore, as Irregular did not have a suitable officer or musician I asked Matthias Manske to send me just those two figures, without horses. They are rather crude so I have made some changes there too. Heads have been removed and replaced with Sash & Saber heads and the right arm of the officer has also been changed.

So this is the completed regiment. Irregular 'human' bodies with S&S heads on S&S horses. The use of the same style of horses will make this regiment blend in nicely with the mass of Dragoons I have already finished.




2 comments: