Monday 13 April 2015

Schaumburg-Lippe-Bückeburg Infantry




The last time we came across the Grafschaft Schaumburg-Lippe was back in December 2011 when I painted the artillery for which this little state was famous. To remind yourself of that post here is the link

This is the infantry battalion that was their only infantry contribution. There are some big holes in the uniform details (infantry sash - what colour?) not to mention the fact that nobody knows what flags were carried. Here is my best guess and it's 100% conjectural. I have found two coats-of-arms - one that is rather plain but possibly 18th century in date and another more sumptuous version that is clearly 19th century. I have used the more sumptuous 19th century version for aesthetic reasons! If you want a copy,message/email me.


2 comments: